The Assessing Department is responsible for the preparation of the annual Assessment Roll, which is completed in accordance with the General Property Tax Act (GPTA). The Assessing Department follows the GPTA and State Tax Commission (STC) guidelines in order to determine taxable status, true cash value, assessed value, and taxable value for all real and personal property within Clinton Township.
To view the Assessor's Office Accessibility Policy: Click Here.
The Michigan State Tax Commission requires record reviews each year. Therefore, the Assessing Department will have canvassers in residential neighborhoods throughout Clinton Township from May through August. They are verifying and updating records, including measuring and photographing the exterior of structures only. The canvassers are Clinton Township employees and will have Clinton Township vehicles and identification badges. If you have any questions, please call the Assessing Department at 586-286-9468.
To view the Michigan State Tax Commission bulletin on property inspection: Click Here.
Use the Public Records Search to find information on individual properties in Clinton Township including sketches, photos, and property tax amounts. You may also conduct a comparable sales search.
The Board of Review is a three member board comprised of Clinton Township residents; they are appointed by the Clinton Township Board. The Board of Review receives the assessment roll as prepared by the Assessor and reviews the roll to ensure it is complete, accurate, and uniform.
Are you a new property owner in Clinton Township? If so, be sure to timely file the applicable required forms.
The Personal Property Statement is an annual declaration of a business’ assets and is due February 20th of each year. There are also various exemptions available. See each form for details and deadlines.
Review the required forms that accompany industrial facilities.
Applications & Forms
- Name and Address Change Form (PDF)
- 2023 Poverty Exemption Policy, Guidelines, and Application (PDF)
- Land Division and Combination Application Form (PDF)
- Land Division and Combination Guidelines (PDF)
- Tax Exemption Application (PDF)
- Audit of Existing Exemption Claim Application (PDF)
- Individual Address Application (PDF)
- Condo Sub Apartment Address Application (PDF)
- Form 6054 - Request to Rescind Disabled Veterans Exemption
Current Assessment Year Information
- 2023 Land Value Analysis - Commercial and Industrial (PDF)
- 2023 Land Value Analysis - Residential 401 and 402 Classification (PDF)
- 2023 Land Value Analysis - Residential 407 condo Classification (PDF)
- 2023 ECFs - Commercial and Industrial (PDF)
- 2023 ECFs - Residential 401 (PDF)
- 2023 ECFs - Residential 407 condo (PDF)