Change of Address

Whenever you move to a new city or township, or you change your address within a city or township, you must update your address. This can be handled through the Township Clerk, at a Secretary of State Branch office, by mail, or at any other location where voter registrations are accepted.

Michigan voters must use the same residential address for voter registration and driver's license purposes. Consequently, if you submit a driver's license address change, it will be applied to your voter registration. Similarly, if you submit a voter registration address change, it will be applied to your driver's license and the Secretary of State will mail a sticker for the back of your license. You can change your driver's license address online at the Michigan Secretary of State website.