Hello, I'm Bob Cannon, your Township Supervisor.
Clinton Township is a vibrant community, and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the place we call home.
The Township website is a great resource for you and your family. Take a moment to browse the pages to find timely community updates and information for residents and businesses. You will find that Clinton Township offers beautiful parks with lots of recreational activities, respected medical and educational institutions, and many other resources that provide the kind of conveniences that make our community a place to work, play, and stay.
If you have any questions or concerns, email the Supervisor.
SMART Bus Program
The Supervisor's Office is pleased to support qualified residents through our ongoing SMART Bus Pass Program.
SMART Bus passes are issued to senior citizens, 65 and older, and disabled persons of any age who reside in Clinton Township. Before receiving a pass, senior citizens must provide proof of age and township residency.
Acceptable forms of documentation include a current Michigan driver's license or State of Michigan identification card that shows a current address. Additionally, a brief letter verifying age and address from a residence manager may be used. For disabled residents, address documentation and a letter from a physician confirming permanent disability are acceptable. A State of Michigan identification card or driver's license is sufficient proof of residency.
For more information, call the Supervisor's Office at 586-723-8093.
Proclamations are formal documents prepared and signed by the Township Supervisor commemorating milestones in the lives of Clinton Township residents and businesses. Copies of all signed proclamations given to residents are filed in the Township archives.
Examples of proclamations that can be requested:
- 100th birthday
- 30, 40, 50-year, and milestone year business anniversaries
- 50, 60, or 70th wedding anniversary
- Eagle Scout achievement
- Girl Scout Gold Award
- Recognition of long-time employees at Clinton Township businesses
- Ten and 20-year annual family reunions
The following criteria must be met in preparing a proclamation:
- The recipient must be a Clinton Township resident or business owner (excluding long-time employees of Clinton Township businesses)
- The Supervisor's Office must be contacted one month prior to the milestone date to receive a questionnaire
- The questionnaire must be filled out as completely as possible and returned to the Supervisor's Office two weeks before the milestone date
Proclamations can be picked up on a mutually agreed upon weekday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Request your proclamation by emailing us.