- Tax Information
Online Property Tax Information
Visit the BS&A Clinton Charter Township website to search for information on individual properties in Clinton Township, Comparable Sales Analysis, Current Tax Information, Property Sketches, and Photos (if available). If you are asked to log in, you can just click the Search Municipalities button and search for Clinton Charter Township.
Tax Cycle Information
Each tax cycle begins on July 1 and concludes on the last day in February. Exception: If the last day of February falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the last day for collection moves to the next business day.
The summer tax lien is July 1 and payable through September 14 without interest. From September 15th to September 30th a 1% late fee will be assessed. An additional 1% will be assessed on the first of each month thereafter through the end of February.
The Winter tax lien is December 1 and payable through the end of the tax cycle without interest.
As of March 1, unpaid taxes are considered delinquent (with the *Exception noted above) and must be paid to the Macomb County Treasurer's Office. The County Treasurer's Office is located in the Macomb County Administration Building at One South Main in Mount Clemens. Clinton Township does not have records of payments made to the Macomb County Treasurer for delinquent taxes. You must contact the Macomb County Treasurer at 586-469-5190 to determine whether to pay off amounts for delinquent taxes or to verify if delinquent taxes have been paid. You can also obtain delinquent property tax information on the County website.
Tax bills should be received the first week in July and the first week of December. If you do not receive a tax bill at these times, please call the Treasurer's Office at 586-286-9313. Failure to receive a tax bill does not waive responsibility for making payment by the due date.
Summer Tax Bill
Payment covers the period from July 1 through June 30 of the following year.
Summer Taxes include:
- County Operating - A tax levied on all property
- Macomb Community College - An operating tax levied on all property.
- Macomb Intermediate School District - A tax levied on all property.
- Mount Clemens Public Library - A tax levied on all property within the Mount Clemens School District.
- School Debt - A tax levied by your local school district on all property to pay off debt.
- School Operating - A tax levied by your local school district on Non-Principle Residence property
- State Education - A tax levied by the State of Michigan on all property
After September 14th, unpaid summer taxes incur an automatic 1% interest through the end of September. An additional 1% per month is charged on the first of each subsequent month through February. Unpaid summer taxes with interest are added to the winter tax bill.
Summer Tax Deferment is available to senior citizens (62), and those who are paraplegic, quadriplegic, totally and permanently disabled, blind, or an eligible veteran or widow. Applications can be obtained by going to Michigan.gov and must be submitted to the Township Treasurer's Office before September 14th. Deferment postpones the summer tax payment deadline to February 28th without interest or penalty.
Winter Tax Bill
Payment covers the period from December 1st - November 30th of the following calendar year.
Winter taxes include:
- Clinton-Macomb Public Library - A voted tax levied on all property except those properties which reside within the Mount Clemens School District. (Voted 1998-perpetual and additional mills voted 2014 to 2021)
- County Drain Debt - A tax levied on all property.
- Fire Operating - A voted tax levied on all property. (Voted 2002 to 2021 and 2013 to 2021)
- Huron Clinton Metro Authority (HCMA) - A tax levied on all property. (PA 1939)
- Police and Fire SA.D. - These assessments were established by the Charter and are levied annually on all real property. They have remained a constant 5 and 4 mills respectively.
- Police Building - A voted tax levied on all property. (Voted 1998-2018)
- Police Operating - A voted tax levied on all property. (Voted 2006 to 2027 and 2013 to 2019)
- SMART Bus - A tax levied on all property. (Voted 2010)
- Township Operating - A tax levied on all property.
- Veterans - A voted tax levied on all property. (Voted 2008 to 2012)
- Zoo Authority - A voted tax levied on all property. (Voted 2008 to 2017)