Firefighter Job Openings
Clinton Township is looking to establish an eligibility list for potential new hires.
Opening Date: January 12, 2024
Closing Date: February 17, 2024
First Review of Applications: February 29, 2024
How to Apply for a Firefighter Position with the Charter Township of Clinton
The Charter Township of Clinton Act 78 Police & Fire Civil Service Commission will be testing for the position of Firefighter to create an Eligibility List for future employment opportunities.
To complete a profile and schedule a test for this position, go to EMPCO.net and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but all participating fire departments in Michigan will accept the results of this one test. You must complete your profile, have a current passing score, and be active in the system by Saturday, February 17, 2024.
Next, click on the following links to complete the application and status form:
At the time of submission of the application, all applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- United States Citizen.
- Attained the age of 18.
- Free of any abnormality of eyesight, and have at least 20/40 uncorrected vision and 20/30 corrected vision with adequate color and depth perception.
- Hold a valid Michigan Driver’s (or Chauffeur’s) License and must have a good driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass both the written and oral examinations with a minimum score of 70% on each examination. The top 5 (and ties) qualified candidates will then undergo a Chief’s evaluation for consideration of an employment offer.
- Must have obtained either a Firefighter II Certificate and basic EMT-B license or a State of Michigan Paramedics license with a current ACLS certification.
Upon receiving a Conditional Offer of Employment, all applicants must have the following additional qualifications:
- Health and physical capacity for the position for which the applicant is applying as determined by an examining physician.
- Will be required to take a psychological exam.
- No physical or mental disabilities that would adversely affect job performance. Firefighter applicants are required to be in possession of one of the following: a valid Fire Service Joint Labor-Management Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certificate, as endorsed by the IAFF and the IAFC, the Army Occupational Physical Assessment Test (OPAT) or the Oakland County, Michigan pre-employment physical agility test.
- Must be licensed as a Paramedic, with current ACLS Certification, as recognized by the State of Michigan, and have obtained a Firefighter II certificate.
The Clinton Township Fire Department offers excellent working conditions, fringe benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
Clinton Township Fire And Police Civil Service Commission
- John Russi, Chairman
- Bethany Pryor, Commissioner
- Derek Wilczynski, Commissioner
- Kim Meltzer, Secretary
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Charter Township of Clinton is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the Township’s policy not to discriminate on the basis of a protected classification, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, height, weight, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.